Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain Review

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Review
I am a makeup artist and I am well aware that I am supposed to be programmed to love lipsticks and apply them often. In this aspect I am a huge disappointment to the makeup gods. I will put lipstick on in the am and not reapply it all day. I will even just use a liner and chance looking like a dry flaky mess rather than have to tote and reapply lipstick after I eat or kiss or live.
I like the freedom and options allowed by cosmetic companies as they begin producing second generations of longwear lipsticks and stain formulas. Although these new products come with their pitfalls, dryness and uneven application if not done carefully, I believe that the benefits outweigh the annoyances.
One such product that can be found at most drugstores is Revlon’s Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm. It is a felt tip marker holding a lip stain and the other end is a balm to moisten after coloring. Although I have heard many complaints about the marker-like tip that is used as an applicator, I understand it completely. These stains by themselves have a water like consistency and when applies with a brush or roller applicator are very messy and not very precise. Removing lip stain that has “runneth over” your lip line is like removing hair dye that has dripped its way to your forehead, rub, rub, raw skin rub rub. The felt tip does not bother me in the least. I like that I can easily apply the stain with little mess or fear of going over my own lip line. I also like that I am free to make the pigment more intense by going over my lips a few times if I wish. I will warn you to exfoliate your lips with either a lip scrub or a damp toothbrush rubbed lightly in a circular motion so the stain does not settle in any dry patches. The balm is ok too, It is a tad eraser-ish long and does not retract so it does tend to break or get shaved off if you are an aggressive capper. I also apply balm often and it was soothing to my lips.
I recommend this product that will run you around ten bucks. When I tested it out at work, I received many compliments on the vibrant color (Crave) and had fun attempting to kiss it off on random objects and people. The entertainment alone made it worth it but the freedom to have a pop of lip color without thick or creamy lipsticks to reapply was a welcome addition to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment