Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Resove To Have No Resolutions!

New Years time is here once again, it has a habit of doing that. I am that person who aggressively refuses to make a resolution every year. I do not make resolutions, I just do things. I refuse to make promises that when failed will act as another thing to make myself feel bad about. I instead make changes throughout the year, I am the person angry at the gym around new years because when it is usually empty it is filled with New Year one monthers. I guess that if a few of those people keep going in the long run then it is a success. I speak only for myself and my personal motivators. I will also not be making any promises to be a nicer person, every day begins with that opportunity and I have decided that I am happy with my particular mixture of sweet and spice.
I will however take this opportunity to showcase some of my favorite products that although may not all be new 2010 releases were unknown to me until this year. I will also take this time to reiterate my whole reasoning in starting Dollface Factory and that is to have beauty of all kinds recognized. There is no reason for anyone to, for one more day, feel poorly about themselves based on what others find beautiful. The techniques and ideas that I introduce here and through my tutorials are not the “beauty law” but simply ideas and flexible guidelines shared to allow you to explore looks, almost an allowance to play and start viewing your features in different lights and for you to look closely at what is so plainly, beautiful.
My favorite products stumbled upon in 2010
Smith’s Menthol and Eucalyptus Balm by Rosebud Perfume Co. Inc.
I know that this balm in a tin comes in a variety of flavors/scents but this one is my favorite. The menthol scent is soft, not overpowering but noticeable. The shine is glossy and not sticky when you apply it to lips. I also use this as a salve when I burn myself with hair irons, in Beauty school that is often, and on dry weather chapped hands and cuticles. This product is sold at Sephora and Ricky’s stores.
Benefit Erase Paste
My blemishes and under eye circles reach out in praise for this product. I like this creamy concealor for a quick fix to under eye dark circles, thanks Sicilian genetics mixed with my very fair German skin! My advice is to apply thin layers and with a small eyeshadow or concealer brush. The smooth consistency will get heated very quickly with your finger temperature and slide all over otherwise.
Smashbox Photo Op
This illuminator will put a healthy glitterless shimmer wherever you desire. I gently pat with my ring finger a bit above where I apply blush all the way around my eye orbits. This glow takes a night look over the edge, it is so subtle but almost angelic looking. Naughty.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese
I know it sounds gross as a color name but it is fantastic. I use this glowing white pencil as a shadow base from lash line to brow bone under vanilla and pearl white shadows. I also tap it onto inner corner of my eye to make me look more awake after a long day or night.
NYX loose pigments in all and any color
I love the shimmery pearl colors as a shadow and highlight. Piece of advice, either mix with visene to make a cream shadow or use dry but push the product into your shadow brush and tap on lids, do not swipe. Loose pigments are feisty but I know you are too. They can also be mixes into glosses to create your own custom colors.
Go, Play, New Year, Old Year. Make them all Your Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment