Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can we please take SHIT off the menu?

I know that I stood on my fancy, probably LUSH brand soap box a few blogs ago and preached that this will not be a technologically advanced complaint department. I want to point out that I was talking directly about not bitching about work related topics. As usual, teen age kids are shitty in a general way,so I can now complain about neighborhood ragamuffins and not my own students.

I was walking my one, very large, wolfish dog as my boyfriend walked his very wiener shaped dog, I am aware that it seems mismatched but that is another blog. As we discussed the days uneventful events, a red laser dot appeared on the side of my big girl dog's body. I am Sicilian so, I of course start to scout the area for snipers. The only possible culprits around are two shitbag preteens who have no business skulking around the neighborhood after dark on a school night. I am not only the "Niceness Police" but also the "Curfew Cop of Queens". These little fools proceed to ring about 4 doorbells of dining old folks and hide behind parked cars to dodge the unsuspecting aged. I am at this time fuming, that friggen red laser beam hits us again. Although he is just curmudgeon enough to be sexy, my boyfriend is much calmer then I. At this point even he wants to kick the asses of these kid's parents. I calmly state that I would love to shove that laser up there arses and light up their eyelids from the inside!"
We walked on and talked about how we would be very upset if our "make believe" kids ever had the Gaul to bother innocent people or be out this late. We talk of these things I think to quell the fears that all non parents have about the competence of their ability to parent in the future. Well, I'll be damned, that red laser appeared again, we were being followed. We are so boring, why follow us? "Damn, if I were your parents, I would not want to hang out with you either!" I guess I am mean and boring.
It is just that after a while, you get tired of eating shit. I know that in my profession I am always subjected to nasty comments and absurd tests from students. These kids engaged me, this means my involvement is different. So, technically, I DO NOT HAVE TO EAT THEIR SHIT, SHIT IS OFF THE MENU!
As I calmed down, I just hoped that those kids get an internal makeover of their own.
The sad thing is that these kids should not have to be hanging out on the streets of Queens on a January evening. They are bored. They are not being paid attention too enough or I can only assume that they have not found a "thing" that interests them enough to keep them home and doing it. They do not have a passion yet. I probably would have been reading magazines and listening to Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation, my first Cd, at their age. I would have been twelve and as plump as a young Ricki Lake, looking at the difference between one purple lined eye and one attempted smokey one. I would have been reading Bukowski poems and hating my parents from the safety of their home where their company and attention was in a doorbells reach, the doorbell of my own home and I would not have had to have hidden behind a parked car either.

No comments:

Post a Comment